These days, people residing in the South-East are deciding more and more to stay local when it comes to their winter activities. It’s far cheaper, plain and simple. Oglebay Resort has become one of the better places to hit the slopes for winter fun. With several ski and snowboarding trails to choose from, you can have fun no matter what your winter tastes are. Located in scenic West Virginia, this beautiful resort just recently reopened their skiing accommodations to the public and conditions are expected to be pristine this winter season.
Located in West Virginia near the beautiful town of Wheeling, this ski resort has fun for all ages. Kids aged 5-12 can enjoy individual instruction at either the ski or snowboarding clinics. Even adults can take ski or snowboard lessons at our adult classes. You can also rent equipment at their rental lodge or check out what is available for purchase. With all of the many options available, Oglebay Resort is truly a place for the whole family to enjoy.
- State of the art snow-making.
- Terrain park which features rails of varying sizes with snow-made jumps.
- Fire pit area located just outside the upper level of the ski building.
- A triple chair lift, accessing a 815 ft. slope with a 168 ft. vertical drop.
- New skis, snowboards and boots available for rental.
- Handicap-accessible facility.
Oglebay Ski Resort can easily be found just off Hwy 70 near Wheeling, West Virginia and both the town and the resort offer many fine dining and entertainment options to suit any and all tastes. With conditions expected to be great this season, you can expect the slopes to be open for the entire winter season and well into the month of March.